Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mouse (i.c.t) is out of control?

Since yesterday the mouse for my pc has been acting really strange, it doesn't really want to do what I want it to and sometimes when I am trying to scroll the arrow won't move. Then when it does, it goes wild and keeps doing strange things like opening that little window thing that come up when you right-click even though haven't right-clicked.


And earlier I tried to send an email and as I moved the arrow to near the send button my pc refreshed the window and I had to type the email again from scratch.


It is really frustrating, esp when my pc keeps shutting down windows for no apparent reason and I have to re-open them again and try and find the site I was on again by going to the history.


Anyone have any idea what is wrong and what I can do about it?


I think this has happened before a while ago. It might be because I have been using my pc a lot lately because it behaves kinda weird when I use it a lot but I don't know.


Someone please help :(Mouse (i.c.t) is out of control?
This happened to me once. There was something wrong with the cable. I replaced the mouse.Mouse (i.c.t) is out of control?
give ur mouse a clean and do a system scan for viruses because that might be the case
Download and install Spybot Search and Destroy(see link).


Update it - reboot in Safe Mode and scan Your PC - when scan finishes hit 'Fix Problems'





Also run your Antivirus and see if that picks up any nasties - delete them.(see link for AVG)





Switch off System Restore If you find bugs as they can and do hide in these files.





Re-enable System restore and manually set a fresh restore point
The most likely cause of your problem is your mouse needs cleaning. It's very simple to do, just unscrew the base of the mouse and this will give you access to the scroll wheel. You may need a small pair of tweezers to pick out the fluff that has gathered. You will be amazed at the amount of rubbish you remove.
From your comment about the PC shutting down, have you got any decent anti-malaware? Have you dismantled your mouse and cleaned it?
well it depends on your OS but if, which you probably are with XP then listen,


Start


Control Panel


mouse or (hardware)


then from there you can change your mouses settings
If you're using a wireless mouse the batteries may need replacing. If not you could have a virus.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment