Friday, August 6, 2010

Do B.C.s (birth control pills) help clear your acne?

my dog tried to clear her pimples and now shes deadDo B.C.s (birth control pills) help clear your acne?
I tried Ortho, and that pill had the reverse effect! I broke out HORRIBLY! And I am still trying to clear my skin NOW a year later... I am on Proactiv. Which is working VERY well so far.Do B.C.s (birth control pills) help clear your acne?
Not all BC's are created equal. Some will improve acne, some will worsen it. The best BC's for acne are ones with anti-androgenic properties such as Yasmin and Diane 35. HTH.
Yes! i use to always have a few pimples, now i have none, it took about a month for it to really kick in though. they make your boobs bigger too. but only get it if you're having sex, dont do it only for the pimples or because you have bad cramps.
Yes! I have on birth controls pills b4 and my face was clear i am now off of them and wow my face is going nuts!!! Get this book The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman by Geoffrey Redmond, M.D.


It talks about everything and is for every woman 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, and so on! They even talk about birth control pills! The book says these the best best pills to go on to help your skin might not clear it but will help it, Ortho tri-cyclen, ortho cyclen, desogen, mircette, and yasmin. I was on ortho tri- cyclen but it was too strong for me i think it was giving me mood swings and stuff but my skin was nice. I ha an apointment tomorrow to get on yasmin. But yes they do help your skin. Get this book or at least check it out. It's worth it!
maybe... see your doctor.


Acne is caused by clogged pores and hormone imbalance. Check if your skin care range is suitable for your skin.


Keep your face clean and see if there's any improvement.


Acnopur emergency anti acne works well for me. Try if it could help you....
No actually birth control pills have long term side effects, they screw with your hormones, much later in life, long after you stop using them. They are not 100% effective, anyway. If you have acne, get some Pro-Active, this stuff works!
Yes, all of them do althought Ortho is the only one that advertises it..
i wouldnt know about birth control pills. but this article has something on acne and scaring you might like to look at
i heard some do some don't but some won't even or they say make ur acne go away!
Yes they can. Acne is made worse with the presence of testosterone. BC pills are mostly estrogen, which will both clear up your skin and make it very soft. However, they can also make you sun sensitive, so you must wear sunscreen when on the pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment