Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birth Control question after C-Section Please help !!?

Hey ladies..





I just had a baby in March and Im going to get my birth control today and im going to be on the Ortho Evra Patch and I had a c-section, the only place I like to wear the patch is where my pantie line is.. which the patch will cover some of my c-section scar. Is that Ok? it has been 2 months and 3 days since my c-section, do you think if i put it over top of the scar and when i take it off to put on another patch will it open my scar back open? Im so paranoid. Please help me!!Birth Control question after C-Section Please help !!?
If you've had the staples and the bandages taken off of your scar already, I would think that you would be ok to put the patch there. I don't see a patch ripping open your scar. You would have to do some serious stretching of the skin to reopen that. But ask you doctor when you go to get your birth control.Birth Control question after C-Section Please help !!?
I'd honestly reconsider the patch. I had a horrible experience with it and will NEVER use it again. It doesn't stick well and then leaves marks on your body when you peel it off(you know, like if you have a bandaid on too long). I've also read it's associated with a higher risk of blood clots in women.





Anyway, that small amount of pulling caused by the patch shouldn't affect your scar in any way. If you're worried just pull it off gently.
I agree with everyone else. The patch worked horrible for me. But you said you were on it for 4 yrs so obviously u did fine. If i were you i would reconcider and try Mirena. i just had a c-section and thats what i plan to use. It seems to be the only BC women arent really complaining about. If you do decide on the patch you cant put it over scar tissue. So you would have to do butt or arm.
I was on the patch before, it says not to place where you have scar tissue, because you had a c-section i would make sure to place it away from any hard areas where you scar is, other then that you should be fine.
eww... not that damn patch.. u will regret it. get mirena. I just had mine taken out. I had a c too

No comments:

Post a Comment