Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birth control after a miscarriage/D+C?

Last week I miscarried at 9 weeks, followed by a D+C. The pregnancy was a dramatic, yet pleasant surprise with many pros and cons, for my boyfriend and I. We have decided that we are not quite ready to have a baby yet, so I will be going on the pill. I know that doctors say not to try for a couple of months after a miscarriage, does that mean I should wait a couple of cycles before going on the pill?Birth control after a miscarriage/D+C?
No, generally they will provide you with a prescription after six weeks- the same as with women who deliver full term. The reason for suggesting you wait before trying for a pregnancy again is to let your body recover physically and mentally. In your case, you don't want to try again soon, just as a woman newly delivered isn't exactly ready- so the pill makes good sense. Just speak with the gynecologist and get your script. I'm sorry you lost the baby, all the same. You are never really ready for motherhood, but sometimes you are more ready than others. Still, it's a loss you feel I'm sure. But hopefully, when the time is right, things will go better for you.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment