Friday, August 6, 2010

What are some other ways to control O.C.D. without resorting to med's?

I recently discovered that I had O.C.D. It's been a problem for many years, and I want to cure it, but going to a shrink, or taking meds is something I wanna avoid. I've never been to a head %26amp; drug doctor. Just the head doctors that you talk to, %26amp; it never goes well. It's just a waste of my time %26amp; money. I need results, %26amp; talking can only do so much. My biggest problem is this: For most of my life, I obesse over negative things from the past. Embarrassing %26amp; bad memories. Bad things that were done, or told to me. I can't get the memories out of my head. It almost made me want to commit suicide last August because I want to be free so badly. Even average words that people use everyday remind me bad memory of when I was told the same word or words.





I'm so weak %26amp; ultra sensitive. I try to pretend I'm not, but I am. I don't have thick skin, %26amp; it's a very tough %26amp; mean world we live in, %26amp; I don't feel strong enough to deal with people. That's why I like to be alone all the time.What are some other ways to control O.C.D. without resorting to med's?
It really sounds like you would benefit a lot more from therapy than drugs. You may believe talking can't help but you haven't found the right therapist yet. It was the words and actions of others in your past that helped you develop this and it may be that words will help you heal. A good therapist can help you find the emotional tools you need to heal yourself, therapist don't heal you nor do meds, in situations like yours you ultimately heal yourself.


You are right, it is a cruel world out there.


Some of the tools you need are how to overcome the things you noted.What are some other ways to control O.C.D. without resorting to med's?
I think the only way for you to deal with OCD without meds is if you go to therapy.
All of us have the ability to modify our thought patterns. Try making your mind like your computer. Open a separate file and dump all this crud in there than close the file.change your focus, find something that takes a lot of brain power and you can ';do'; or think about all the time. Remember we are not telepathic, we only know what you tell us. We only know what you tell us about yourself. You have to bring to the front of your mind, the future, and focus on it. The future is where you live. You didn't say how old you are, this can be important. All kinds of stuff(negative) happens to ALL of us all the time. After time goes by(sometimes a lot ) things that happened that seem important now,fade into the nothing they really are. YOU get to decide what makes you up-is it positive or negative? Change your focus, you have the power!
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment